The Nook - SoFried Artistry Retreat - February 16 - 19
The SoFried Artistry Retreat is a transformative professional development and writing retreat aimed at igniting creativity, expanding knowledge, and fostering a supportive and inspiring community for poets and writers. This retreat is designed to provide a holistic experience that combines skill-building workshops, immersive learning, relaxation, fun, and ample time for artistic expression. Throughout the retreat, participants will be guided by industry-leading experts who will share their expertise and insider knowledge. These professionals will conduct interactive workshops covering various aspects of artistic development and writing, including creative exploration, storytelling techniques, character development, poem structuring, editing and revision, and much more.
Besides the workshops, participants will have the opportunity to engage in one-on-one consultations with instructors, where they can receive personalized feedback and guidance on their projects. Moreover, the retreat will organize group activities, such as open mic nights, group discussions, and free time ensuring that attendees have ample opportunities to connect with like-minded artists and build meaningful connections. The SoFried Artistry Retreat provides an immersive experience that will invigorate your passion, nurture your talents, and leave you with valuable insights and cherished memories. Prepare to be surrounded by a supportive artistic community, soak up knowledge, and unlock your creative potential at this extraordinary retreat.
This year’s retreat will take place in Myrtle Beach, SC on Feb 16 – 19, 2024.
- 18 Years or older
- Beginner or intermediate career level
- Poet and/or Spoken Word Artist
- Must be a member of Southern Fried Poetry Inc. Become a member for $20 a year.
- Work Resume
- Artist Resume
- Artist Statement: Include your artist statement in 250 words or less.
- Question 1: In 500 words or less tell us what you wish to receive from this retreat if selected?
- Question 2: In 500 words or less describe your goals and ambitions for your artistry and/or business.
- Format: PDF or Microsoft Word
- Submission Limit: One submission per poet
- Submission Fee: Entry fee is $25, payable via www.southerfriedpoetryslam.com. If your submission is selected, you will be expected to provide a brief (250-word max) biography, a JPG high-resolution photo which may be used in marketing and promotion. Entry fee is nonrefundable.
Please fill out the Application Form below with all of the requested information.
Completed applications must be submitted by 11:59PM EST on August 31, 2023
The selection process begins with evaluation by our independent review board who will independently score each submission according to their assessment of submitted materials. Recommendations from this independent review board will be made by September 30,2023 and participants will be notified the first week of October 2023.
- Participants will be responsible for travel to and from The Nook.
- Lodging will be covered for participants.
- Participants will have their own beds but will share a bathroom.
Each participant will receive a $100 stipend.