2019 Tournament Update – March
By sofriedpoetry inNews
Greetings from the board of Southern Fried Poetry, Inc
Our 27th annual tournament is a little over two months away, and we want to share some vital information to help you prepare for the best time of the year.
We want to provide an update on registration for the tournament.
- Registration for in-region teams has been open since March 1st, and so far 24 teams have registered to compete at Southern Fried in Fayetteville, NC.
- Registration for out-of-region teams will open promptly at 12:01 am on April 1st. The remaining 8 slots are available on a first-come first-serve basis.
- The 16 slots in the Indie competition have already been filled, so we have decided to add an additional 8 slots to the indie competition, bumping the total to 24 competitors. These slots will be available at the same time as team registration opens on April 1st.
- A waiting list will be created for teams and individual competitors who complete their application after all slots have been filled, in first-come order. No additional slots will be added to the indie or team competitions.
We also want to provide a reminder about annual membership to Southern Fried Poetry, Inc.
- In 2017, the Slammasters elected to make Southern Fried Poetry, Inc a membership based organization. Members wishing to register for the tournament will be responsible for a personal $20 annual membership fee which must be paid before you can register as a team or an individual.
- You cannot register for the tournament unless you have renewed your annual membership, so we advise you to update your standing on our website before attempting to register for the tournament. Annual membership fee is $20 and available for purchase at https://www.southernfriedpoetryslam.com/product/membership-dues/.
- If you do not yet have an account on our Southern Fried website you can create one for free here: https://www.southernfriedpoetryslam.com/register/.
Finally, we have some news to share about lodging in Fayetteville, NC
- Unfortunately, our host hotel The Courtyard Marriott is now completely sold out (not just of our block reserved for the group; the hotel is out of rooms entirely)
- Fortunately we have reserved a block of rooms at the Wingate By Wyndham Fayetteville hotel next door, which shares a parking lot with the Marriott. We have a contract and the rate is $109 w/ free breakfast from 6am to 9am, there are also built in discounts to surrounding restaurants.
- As of now there is a reserved block of 15 rooms available w/ 2 Full Beds, and a microwave/Fridge included. Please note there is a $10 per person fee over 2 people, Essentially if a room is reserved with 5 people it will be $139 per night. There is breakfast available in the morning and free parking.
- We have been told by liaisons at the host hotel that festival attendees who did not get to book a room at the Marriott will still have access to building during the festival.
We are so excited to see you in June!
For more information please contact us at email@example.com.
Like this post